Testing and Development of Zombie bits.
Keeping it Fast and Simple
This website is a Jekyll site on GitHub. It uses the Jekyll engine and Liquid. However, it does not use generic Jekyll themes.
I set out to understand the minimum requirements for a Jekyll site. I stripped out all the external links and unneeded CSS, scripts, and HTML files.
This process of elimination increased my performance dramatically, and I learned a lot about how Jekyll. Liquid and how GitHub processes the markdown files.
Creating simple and fast HTML pages can positively impact your search engine optimization (SEO). Here are a few reasons why:
- Fast page load times: Search engines like Google prioritize fast-loading pages in their search results because they provide a better user experience. If your HTML pages load slowly, it can negatively impact your SEO.
- Mobile-friendliness: As more people are accessing the web on their mobile devices, so your HTML pages must be mobile-friendly. Google’s algorithms prioritize mobile-friendly pages in its search results, so if your HTML pages are mobile-friendly, it could help your SEO.
- Simplicity: Simple HTML pages with clean and well-structured code can be more accessible for search engines to crawl and index, which can help improve your SEO. More complicated and cluttered pages with a lot of unnecessary code can make it harder for search engines to understand the content and relevance of your pages, which could negatively impact your SEO.
- User experience: Besides benefiting your SEO, simple and fast HTML pages provide a better user experience for your visitors. Users are more likely to stay on your site and engage with your content if it loads quickly and is easy to navigate. A better User experience can also improve your SEO, as search engines consider user engagement a ranking factor.
- Creating simple and fast HTML pages can help improve your SEO by providing a better user experience, improving mobile-friendliness, and make it easier for search engines like Bing and Google to crawl site and index your content. This can lead to higher ranking in search results.
Copyright © Zombiedogz 2022